- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Housing Finance Mechanisms in Peru
This report examines the nature and scope of the housing problem in Peru. It reviews the evolution of the housing finance systems and main players of the housing finance system and driving forces for the change. It introduces mortgage finance development for medium and low income households with two case studies: Fondo and Creditos MIVIVIENDA.
It examines the residential mortgage market and its segments and constraints. It looks at factors constraining the development of housing finance mechanism and policies and strategies to overcome the bottlenecks for housing finance. It looks at the role of direct subsidies and other initiatives for low income households. Finally it looks at the alternatives for developing housing mechanisms in Peru, with focus on the development of a secondary mortgage market.
Submit your review