- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Global Urban Indicators Database
This publication has been designed to provide results and analysis of data collected by UN-HABITAT in 1998, five years after the Habitat II Conference in Istanbul.
It is organized in three chapters: the first provides a brief introduction of the current Global Urban Indicators Database and gives insight in methodologies for data collection; the second proposes an index of city development (the City Development Index), which has been used to rank cities covered in the databases; and the third presents the analysis by themes and regions and assesses urban conditions and trends between 1993 and 1998.
View the Global Urban Indicators Guidelines here.
Submit your review