- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Final Evaluation: Promoting low emission urban development strategies in emerging economy countries’ (Urban-LEDS), December 2016
This Final Evaluation of the Urban-LEDS Project was carried out during the period May – September 2016. The Objective of the Project is “to enhance the transition [of cities] to low emission urban development in emerging economy countries.” The Project began in March 2012 and ended in March 2016 (48 months). The total Project budget provided by the European Commission was €6.7 million Euros. The primary purpose of this Final Evaluation assesses the achievements of the overall Objective “Cities in emerging economy countries adopt Urban Low Emission Development Strategies,” the Expected Accomplishment (EA), the two sub-EAs, and results. Sub-EA 1 of the Project was to adapt a national-level approach to city-level low emissions strategies development. This was to be accomplished through the preparation of LED strategies in Project Model Cities and where possible in Satellite Cities. The evaluation will also focus on Project results to establish, by design, a vertically integrated project approach that addresses climate change issues between different levels of government. This includes advocacy and support activities at the global level. The Expected Accomplishments of the Urban LEDS Project have been achieved in an outstanding manner.
Submit your review