- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Evictions and the rights-based approach to urban development, September 2011
The increase in the intensity and scale of forced evictions across the world is a trend that has to be reversed and a human rights based approach (HRBA) is key.
This book is the report of the Expert Group Meeting held from 20 to 23 September 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya to exchange views, knowledge and ideas on the future role of UN-Habitat with respect to preventing, monitoring and assessing the impact of forced evictions globally.