- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Evictions and the rights-based approach to urban development, September 2011
The increase in the intensity and scale of forced evictions across the world is a trend that has to be reversed and a human rights based approach (HRBA) is key.
This book is the report of the Expert Group Meeting held from 20 to 23 September 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya to exchange views, knowledge and ideas on the future role of UN-Habitat with respect to preventing, monitoring and assessing the impact of forced evictions globally.
Submit your review