- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Evaluation of the UN-Habitat Urban Programme in Iraq 2004-2012
The purpose of the evaluation was to assess the contributions of the UN-Habitat Iraq Urban Programme, the relevance of its programmatic focus, and the appropriateness of its institutional arrangements and partnerships. The evaluation also examined the added value of UN-Habitat within the context of joint programmes and identified lessons learned.
Operating within a challenging developmental context, the evaluation found that the Iraq Programme had made a visible and well-acknowledged contribution to the country’s sustainable urbanization agenda in sectors of housing and land, urban planning, water and sanitation, infrastructure and broader issues of governance and protection.