- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Evaluation of the Regional Office for Arab States (3/2016)
The report provides insightful information about the rapid growth of ROAS and the value it has provided in extending the technical cooperation of UN-Habitat amongst the Arab States in its relatively short time of existence. It notes the effectiveness in establishing a high- level constituency of regional partners as an indispensable cornerstone for fulfilling its mandate; the accomplishment of finalising concurrently the ROAS Regional Strategy and League of Arab States Housing and Urbanisation Strategy technically supported by ROAS, with the alignment of both to the Sustainable Development Agenda 2030 and New Urban Agenda; ROAS’ positive collaboration with Headquarters; the challenges of transitioning to the UMOJA administrative set-up, and the challenges of operating under civil strife affecting a significant number of countries within the ROAS mandate.
Submit your review