- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Evaluation of the Implementation of UN-Habitat’s Medium-Term Strategic and Institutional Plan 2008-2013
UN-Habitat’s Medium-Term Strategic and Institutional Plan (MTSIP) 2008-2013 was adopted by resolution 21/2 of April 2007 of the Governing Council. The overarching goal of the plan is “to ensure an effective contribution to sustainable urbanization”. Implementation of the MTSIP started in 2008 and comprises six focus areas, an Enhanced Normative and Operational Framework and cross-cutting issues of disaster management, gender mainstreaming and urban youth.
The purpose of the evaluation was to provide an independent assessment of:
1) The progress on achieving MTSIP focus area results over the 2008-2011 period
2) Efficiency and effectiveness with respect to the attainment of the key MTSIP objective
The evaluation was carried out between November and June 2012 by two external evaluators. It found that the MTSIP has rationalized and further sharpened the programmatic focus of UN-Habitat, brought about better alignment of programmes, and played a catalytic role in encouraging and enabling partnerships. The evaluation also identified lessons learned and proposed recommendations for improving the performance of the MTSIP.