- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Evaluation of the Implementation of UN-Habitat’s Medium-Term Strategic and Institutional Plan 2008-2013
UN-Habitat’s Medium-Term Strategic and Institutional Plan (MTSIP) 2008-2013 was adopted by resolution 21/2 of April 2007 of the Governing Council. The overarching goal of the plan is “to ensure an effective contribution to sustainable urbanization”. Implementation of the MTSIP started in 2008 and comprises six focus areas, an Enhanced Normative and Operational Framework and cross-cutting issues of disaster management, gender mainstreaming and urban youth.
The purpose of the evaluation was to provide an independent assessment of:
1) The progress on achieving MTSIP focus area results over the 2008-2011 period
2) Efficiency and effectiveness with respect to the attainment of the key MTSIP objective
The evaluation was carried out between November and June 2012 by two external evaluators. It found that the MTSIP has rationalized and further sharpened the programmatic focus of UN-Habitat, brought about better alignment of programmes, and played a catalytic role in encouraging and enabling partnerships. The evaluation also identified lessons learned and proposed recommendations for improving the performance of the MTSIP.
Submit your review