- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Evaluation of BASF Stiftung UN-Habitat Programme Contribution Towards Sustainable Development, December 2014
The BASF Stiftung and UN-Habitat partnership was established in 2005. Its major thrust is the (i) exchange of best practices; (ii) sustainable reconstruction projects for disaster areas; and (iii) dissemination of information and application of environmental technologies. Since the inception of this partnership, BASF Stiftung has funded 19 projects with a total value of USD 4,217,309. But the actual value of these projects may be higher, taking into account the many additional in-kind contributions of local beneficiary communities, local project partners, and UN-Habitat. Apart from these additional contributions (cash and in-kind), the evaluation found that all projects have generated great enthusiasm and interest by a large diversity of stakeholders.
Submit your review