- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Decentralization in Iraq
his report presents the outcomes of UN-HABITAT ‘s International Conference on Decentralization, Local Governance and Service Delivery: Sharing Experience and Sustaining Progress in Urban Iraq, which took place in Amman, Jordan from 8-10 May 2011.
The objective of the conference was to provide an opportunity for Iraqi Local Government Association representatives to learn, experience and benefit from the process of decentralization and development of local governments in other selected countries. The conference provided a focused practical perspective on how decentralization in urban areas promotes local government as an effective tool for service delivery
Submit your review