- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Councillor As Guardian Of The Environment (Training For Elected Leadership – Handbook A) (THE)
This handbook is an extension of the Training of Elected Leadership series. It reflects a continuation of style and design ideas, but focuses on a particular thematic role confronting local councillors – providing leadership in the resolution of conflicts between economic and physical development, and the natural environment.
The handbook offers a consistent set of strategies for sustainable development: gaining awareness and creating visions; partners and coalitions; assessing risks; determining options and consequences; mobilizing resources; and achieving and sustaining results. The handbooks is comprised of an essay and a series of workshop components, including a wide variety of case studies.
Submit your review