- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Competências chave para melhorar a governança local , Volume 3
Now more than ever, local governments are at the forefront of responding to growing social, economic and environmental challenges. In response to this changing context, local elected officials need to be knowledgeable about an increasingly complex set of interrelated issues. They must also develop competencies including decision making, communication, enabling, facilitating, overseeing and empowering, to effectively perform their political leadership and representation roles. Capable local leaders can greatly contribute to improved local governance
The Local Elected Leadership (LEL) series presents two roles and ten competencies essential for every elected official to effectively perform their job when serving local communities. The series contains many training exercises and tools that can be used as practical on-the-job guide long after the leadership training workshop has ended.