- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
BI-ANNUAL Programme activity report
A special edition thematic/country activities report, that gives a timeline highlight of UN-Habitat’s evolution, the relevant mandate and GA resolutions; we showcase consolidated impacts of our work focusing at this time on two regions: Asia and Pacific and the Arab States, using two country examples per region (Afghanistan and Philippines for Asia and Pacific; Iraq and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the Arab States).
We plan to produce similar report for the other three regions (Africa, Europe and Latin American and Caribbean) at a later date. The report presents some examples of the impacts that UN-Habitat’s partnership with the selected countries have had on the people of the countries; it also gives a brief highlight of the journey, including some testimonials from some of the beneficiaries and stakeholders.
These are in no way a full representation of our work but only some examples. The report concludes with brief highlight of our normative contributions in creating and sharing knowledge in the areas of Human Settlement, Sustainable Urbanization and Sustainable Development. The research, data, knowledge, practice and experience of UN-Habitat has facilitated the production of these highly informative and influential publications.
Submit your review