- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Training on Innovative Approaches to Deliver Affordable Housing Options in Asia:...
Africa Urban Agenda Session: Report on the City Changer Event
The African Urban Agenda (AUA) is an initiative by UN-Habitat tailored to establish and strengthen
partnerships between state and non-state actors towards advancing a new urban agenda. The project aims at raising the profile of urbanization as an imperative for development in Africa. It contributes to promoting democratic governance through mobilization, sensitization and strengthening of non-state actors to partner effectively with the national governments of sub-Sahara African countries in articulating Africa’s priorities for the next 20 years with a focus on a transformative national urban
policy, compact cities at a human scale, undertaking institutional and legal reform and improved collaboration.
It also aims at building an understanding between non-state actors and national governments, thereby building an African consensus with a strong momentum of support for a continent-wide urban agenda for the next 20 years.
The project will especially contribute to building collaboration between state and non-state actors through inclusive and participatory preparation for the Post-2015 agenda and national reports for Habitat III, creating a strong balance for the urbanization tripod of Government, CSOs-including academia and the private sector.
View it in French.
Submit your review