- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Barcelona, September 17, 2018 – Building on the success of the 2015 and 2016 events which fostered dialogue between technical and political representatives, the 2018 edition of the Barcelona Resilience Week to be held from 11-16 November 2018 will bring together partners and stakeholders from across the globe working to advance action towards sustainable and resilient cities as set out in the New Urban Agenda and Agenda 2030. Climate action and resilience, governance, decentralization and resilience, social resilience, and humanitarian urban crises will be discussed in a series of interactive sessions, workshops and dialogue sessions.
Initiatives that make cities more resilient and strengthen the development and humanitarian agenda across the world will be showcased during the week. City managers and policy makers, governments, NGOs and urban innovators will discuss the most effective approaches to addressing urban challenges in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals, New Urban Agenda, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the Paris Agreement. Cities implementing Disaster Risk Reduction measures using resilience tools developed by the Making Cities Sustainable and Resilient initiative financed by the European Commission will report on progress in their work.
During the 2018 Barcelona Resilience Week The Smart City Expo World Congress and C40 Regional Meeting will be held in Barcelona further broadening participation in the dialogues. Participation is open to all and the preliminary programme is available at www.urbanresiliencehub.org/action