- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts by Manuel Manrique
UN-Habitat and Ecuador hold a workshop on earthquake
Quito 16 June 2016– Since the earthquake that struck northern Ecuador on 16 April 2016, UN-Habitat has been supporting and advising the Ministry of Urban Development and Housing. This collaboration peaked last week, when the two partners...
- Posted June 16, 2016
Ecuador approves land management bill
Quito, 23 May 2016 – Equador’s National Assembly of Ecuador has approved a bill on land use and land management. The bill is the result of a long process that started in 2011 under the leadership of...
- Posted May 23, 2016
UN-Habitat provides boost to Ecuador’s earthquake recovery
Quito, 5 May 2016 – In response to the earthquake that affected Ecuador earlier in April, UN-Habitat is gearing-up its assistance to the Latin American country. The 7.8 magnitude earthquake led to the loss of close to...
- Posted May 5, 2016
Ecuador and UN-Habitat in talks about post earthquake joint work
Quito 26 April 2016– Representatives of the government of Ecuador and UN-Habitat had an asessment visit to Manabi and Esmeraldas áreas in Ecuador, to verify the damage in infrastructure and housing by the recent earthquake and also explore...
- Posted April 26, 2016
Ecuador hosts preparatory meeting for Habitat III
Quito, 24 February 2016 — Representatives of the government of Ecuador, members of diplomatic corps accredited in this country, academia and civil society organizations gathered in the Chapel of Man, Quito, for a meeting to update themselves...
- Posted February 24, 2016
Improving the quality of life of people through sustainability
Rio de Janeiro, 11 February 2016 – The phrase belongs to Elkin Velasquez, UN-Habitat´s Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, during the signing of the agreement between the UN agency and the government of Risaralda (Colombia). Pact for...
- Posted February 11, 2016
UN-Habitat representative vows support for Mexican women
Mexico City, December 4, 2015 — “We will strengthen the strategies of care for women and children victims of violence.” The phrase was said by the representative of UN-Habitat in this country, Erik Vittrup, during the signing...
- Posted December 4, 2015
Agreement aims to improve land management
Mexico City 12 November 2015 – The government of Michoacán and UN-Habitat signed an agreement that seeks to develop and implement instruments for territorial planning and urban management in six cities of the state. The signature took place...
- Posted November 12, 2015