- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Apply now for the 8th Annual Shelter Academy on Climate Adaptation and Mitigation: 3-7 September 2018 in the Netherlands
Decision-makers, senior managers, and senior government officials of UN HABITAT partners are invited to apply for the 8th Shelter Academy organized by Arcadis and UN Habitat. This year’s Shelter Academy will take place between the 3 – 7 September 2018 in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and will focus on climate adaptation and mitigation: options for cities. To be considered, applicants are required to send a completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 May 2018. Selected participants will have to send their case study presentation in a PowerPoint format no later than 15 June 2018.
The Shelter Academy is a week-long training programme that will equip participants with the knowledge, skills and capacity to respond to urban challenges related to climate change in their cities. Drawing from the workshops, case studies, fieldtrips to key sites in the Netherlands, participants will receive support in the formulation, development and follow-up of action plans for their respective cities.
The workshop will be enhanced by the participation of experts from Arcadis, UN-Habitat, Dutch municipalities and the IHS-Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies of the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.
The costs of the lectures and site visits, meals and local transport will be covered by Arcadis for the duration of the Shelter Academy (from the evening of 2 September 2018 until the morning of 7 September 2018). For a limited number of participants who cannot fund the air tickets themselves, sponsorship for international travel and accommodation is available on a case-by-case basis and upon recommendation of UN-Habitat. Please note that the selection is competitive and there is a limited number of sponsorships.
For further information on the programme and registration information, please consult the Shelter Academy brochure or contact Ms. Zuzana Vuova at email@example.com.
Download the informative brochure about the Shelter Academy.
Download the registration form for the participants.