- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Annual Progress Report 2012 : Implementation of the Medium Term Stragetic Implementaion Plan 2008-2013
This is the 13th progress report on the implementation of the MTSIP, 2008-2013. It captures cumulative progress made towards achievement of the planned results of the MTSIP at country, regional and global levels in 2012. The report, which builds on the six monthly one for June 2012, also covers the reporting needs of the biennial work programme 2012-2013.
The report provides information on progress achieved through the contributions of UN-Habitat and its partners comprising governments, local authorities and other Habitat Agenda Partners, and with the support of donors. According to the Paris Declaration 2005, countries own results and UN-Habitat, like other development partners, contributes to the results.
This annual report presents progress made on organizational restructuring and other major transformational developments that took place up to December 2012. These are reported in detail in chapters 8 and 9 as well as in focus area 6. It reports on the progress made towards achieving planned MTSIP results by each focus area. It also describes on the utilization of allocated financial resources. The report facilitates learning on the basis of what is working and what is not working (therefore requires adjustment) thus providing a basis for accountability, management decision-making and performance improvement.