- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
This course is aimed at decision-makers who wish to gain an advanced understanding of Sustainable and Innovative Urban Mobility Solutions. You are eligible to apply only if you are a representative of a local, regional or national government, transport operator or transport authority.
Learn about innovative public transport solutions from around the globe. Exchange your experience with like-minded.
Date: 6 – 10 May 2019
Venue: La Paz, Bolivia / São Paolo, Brazil
Application Deadline: 22 January 2019
- Orient decision-makers to develop an alternative paradigm for urban mobility in their city – that seeks to improve accessibility by introducing more efficient, inclusive, safe and innovative public transport integrated with active mobility modes;
- Facilitate exchange among decision-makers on best practices around sustainable urban mobility and land use integration;
- Foster discussions among urban practitioners, experts and system providers on innovative mobility solutions;
- Learn how to successfully embed innovative mobility solutions in mobility planning, policies & regulation;
- Be introduced to sustainable funding mechanisms, including the applicability of public-private partnerships;
- Build a knowledge base and partnership platform for continuous exchange on sustainable urban mobility.
The academy provides a combination of classroom and web-based training linked with targeted study tours to La Paz, Bolivia and São Paolo, Brazil. Successful applicants will be given a pre-training preparation before the weeklong workshop which includes study visits. On return, participants are expected to put their learning into practice – and will be further benefitting from established partnerships, capacity building and technical advice by the organizing partners. Continuous learning and sharing will be facilitated in the long-term through the AoSUM alumni network.
If interested, send an email to Stefanie.email@example.com with a Letter of Interest addressing the following:
- Name of your institution and mandate
- Staff position and experience
- What Urban Mobility Projects is your institution involved with?
- Describe how you would benefit from AoSUM?
- All costs of the stay in Latin America will be covered by the organizers.
- Flight costs should be covered by participants (subject to discussion)
For more information, download the flyer below