- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
A Home for All Afghans
This discussion paper examines housing in Afghan cities. The paper advocates for a ‘twin track’ approach to improve access to adequate housing. One ‘track’ is to recognize and upgrade existing informal areas. The other ‘track’ is to promote an adequate supply of new land and housing that is aordable, suitably located and commensurate with projected urban growth/demand.