All posts tagged "housing"
- Urban Indicators Guidelines
Urban indicators are regularly collected in a sample of cities worldwide in order to report on progress in the twenty key areas of the Habitat Agenda at the city level. Data collection is conducted through local and...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- Only 13% of World’s Cities have affordable housing – According to new research
Surabaya, 26 July 2016 – According to the Global Sample of Cities – a sample representing 70% of the world’s population – the median house price is 4.9 times annual household income in the majority of metropolitan...
- Posted July 27, 2016
- UN-Habitat and partners hold Expert Group Meeting on housing finance
Madrid, 16 May 2016 – UN-Habitat, with the support from the Barcelona City Council, the Andalusian Agency for International Cooperation (AACID) and the Spanish Ministry of Development, last week held the global Experts Group Meeting (EGM) on “Financing...
- Posted May 16, 2016
- 为城市低收入人群的住房筹措资金全球人类住区报告2005 (GRHS 2005)
- Posted February 18, 2016
- Benchmarking sustainability and building resilience to natural disasters
22 January, 2016 – The April 2015 earthquake in Nepal was another reminder of the devastating consequences of natural disasters and their impact on lives. “One of the challenges we face in the humanitarian sector,” says Graham...
- Posted January 22, 2016
- Lesotho Urban Housing Profile
The institutional framework for housing has many of the necessary components, such as respect for the home and limitation of state procurement of property, enshrined in law and the constitution.
- Posted January 21, 2016
- First Arab Ministerial Forum for Housing and Urban Development launched in Cairo
Cairo, 21 December 2015 –The first Arab Ministerial Forum for Housing and Urban Development (AMFHUD) which was launched yesterday has brought together 15 high level ministerial delegations, representatives of national and regional organisations, private sector as well...
- Posted December 21, 2015
- Loger les Pauvres dans les Villes Africaines-Guide de Formation du Facilitateur
Le présent Guide du facilitateur préparé par ONU-Habitatet l’Alliance des villes accompagne la série des Guidespratiques pour les décideurs politiques : loger les pauvresdans les villes africaines. Ce Guide du facilitateur estfourni avec une clé USB contenant...
- Posted December 21, 2015
- The Right to Adequate Housing for Persons With Disabilities Living in Cities
This study reviews the literature on the meaning and impact of the right to adequate housing for persons with disabilities in cities. It uses the foundational framework of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights...
- Posted October 29, 2015
- UN to promote more accessible and inclusive cities for persons with disabilities
Nairobi 28 October 2015– A global United Nations meeting bringing together more than 60 urban planning and disability experts opens today at the UN Office in Nairobi. Over the next three days, the experts will discuss solutions...
- Posted October 28, 2015
- UN-Habitat participates in OIKONET conference
Bratislava, 13 October 2015– The second OIKONET conference on the topic “Global Dwelling” was held in Bratislava, Slovakia, with the participation of UN-Habitat late last month. OIKONET is a network of 34 institutions from 29 countries -4 of...
- Posted October 13, 2015
- UN-Habitat publishes a training pack on pro-poor housing in Africa
Nairobi, 5 August 2015– UN-Habitat has published a Training Pack on housing the poor in Africa. The pack is a resourceful training companion that is made available on-line for download from UN-Habitat website. Training and Capacity Building...
- Posted August 5, 2015
- Housing the Poor in African Cities – Training Facilitator’s Guide
This Facilitator’s Guide prepared by UN-Habitat and Cities Alliance accompanies the Quick Guides for Policy Makers: Housing the Poor in African Cities series. The Facilitator’s Guide comes with a USB flash drive containing the Quick Guides series,...
- Posted August 5, 2015
- Supporting communities in Nepal
Kathmandu, 3 August 2015 – Martha Ramtel, 41, who lost her husband fifteen years ago and also lost her father, who has been assisting her since then, during the devastating earthquake in April this year, comes from...
- Posted August 3, 2015
- Namibia workshop examines pro-poor housing
Walvis Bay, 27 May 2015 – Thirty mayors and chief executive officers from Namibian municipalities have participated in the second workshop focusing on the Quick Guides for Policy Makers on Housing the Poor in African Cities in Walvis...
- Posted May 27, 2015
- Déficit habitacional en América Latina y el Caribe: Una herramienta para el diagnóstico y el desarrollo de políticas efectivas en vivienda y hábitat
De modo general, la existencia de una política de vivienda se fundamenta en la identificación de un determinado conjunto de situaciones concretas que afectan a individuos, grupos y poblaciones y que pueden ser descritas, en un sentido...
- Posted May 26, 2015
- World Habitat Awards 2014/15 Winners Announced
Tuesday 28 April 2015— Winners of the 2015 World Habitat Awards were presented at the 25th Session of the UN- Habitat Governing Council in Nairobi. This year’s winners were Liter of Light, Philippines and Housing First Project by...
- Posted April 28, 2015
- Human rights in cities under spotlight at the Governing Council
Nairobi, 20 April 2015 – In the sidelines of the 25th session, UN-Habitat hosted a session on ‘Human Rights in Cities and Cities for All’ which discussed human rights in the context of sustainable urbanization. With a...
- Posted April 20, 2015
- Second Habitat III Prepcom Pushes One Step Closer To A New Urban Agenda
Nairobi, 17 April 2015 – The second Preparatory Committee for Habitat III – the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development – has closed with major decisions being taken on process and timing. Delegates at...
- Posted April 17, 2015
- The second preparatory meeting of Habitat III opens in Nairobi
Nairobi 14 April 2015—The second preparatory meeting (PrepCom2) of the Habitat III conference has opened in Nairobi with member states recognizing the growing role of cities in their respective country policies. The Secretary-General of the Habitat III...
- Posted April 14, 2015