- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Housing and Slum Upgrading
The Global Housing Strategy, mandated by Governing Council resolution 23/16, guides the programmatic work for Housing and Slum Upgrading area. It assists member States to analyze their housing policies and formulate housing strategies and interventions that are gender-responsive. The overall objective of Housing and Slum Upgrading area is to increase access to adequate housing, improve the standard of living in existing slums and curb the growth of new slums in an inclusive manner.