CONSULTANT (KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT),(NAIROBI), Deadline: 2 May 2014
CONSULTANT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Issued on: 25/04/2014
UN-HABITAT (Office of Management)
CONSULTANT (KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT)
2 MAY 2014
UN-Habitat has developed a knowledge Resources page under the Project Accrual and Accounting System (PAAS) to provide staff with knowledge that can inform new projects. The Knowledge resources page provides links to useful Archived documents and supports new projects with regard to lessons learned and best practices. The resources also have a page on Market Intelligence which is valuable in providing information on existing donor trends to support the Agency Donor base. The unit also supports the developed customized Network pages on the Urban Gateway.
In this regard a Knowledge Management Assistant is required to maintain the Knowledge platforms mentioned above under the Terms of references below;
Under the Supervision of Head Knowledge Management Support, the incumbent is responsible for;
- Provide content management support for new features on the knowledge platforms, carry out user test to ensure functionality, and provide user support.
- Analyze usage of developed knowledge resources, recommend strategies for improvement, and implement as agreed.
- Carry out quality assurance on the content published on the knowledge hubs and act as a moderator for providing user support and advice as necessary to ensure compliance with the specified rules for better optimization and user engagement.
- Recommend and develop content for value added services on the Urban Gateway; this includes Webinars, Ask an Expert, and other resources as required.
- Disseminate information to create awareness on knowledge resources including the developed new features on the Urban Gateway, and the Project Accrual and Accountability system.
- Manage the knowledge platforms social media sites by postings on agreed sites e.g Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (if required) and LinkedIn pages with short and engaging content and responding to comments and questions posted by users.
- Coordinate the work of online volunteers including guidance on posting of documents, monitoring performance and coordination of translation work.
- Develop policies for use of online activities on the new developed features on the Gateway eg the Urban Bookshop ensuring compliance with the usage policy.
- Develop and implement a framework for research on relevant topics to support the Agency’s market intelligence on projects, programmes, funding opportunities, stakeholders including donors working on sustainable urban development and disseminate the information to relevant staff members.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the expected goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
Ability to be creative in order to increase usage on the knowledge platforms.
A degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or English Literature or Urban Development Studies and additional studies in content development and/or web management.
At least three years’ experience in content writing and/or online research, including social media. Experience in connecting and engaging with users online through interactive platforms, including social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset.
- Familiarity with content management systems , knowledge of Drupal an advantage
- Proven experience in conducting online research (using tools such as Google Alerts, Google)
- Ability to communicate effectively, and experience in writing unique and engaging content
- Basic knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Knowledge of development issues.
- Experience in connecting and engaging with online users online including social media sites
Payments will be based on deliverables over the consultancy period. There are set remuneration rates for consultancies. The rate is determined by functions performed and experience of the consultant. The fees will be paid as per agreement.
Applications should include:
Please be advised that applicants for consultancies must be part of the Inspira e-Roster in order for their application to be considered. You can reach the e-Roster through the following address: inspira.un.org
Deadline for applications: 2 May 2014
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org