Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
This course is aimed at decision-makers who wish to gain an advanced understanding of Sustainable and Innovative Urban Mobility Solutions. You are eligible to apply only if you are a representative of a local, regional or national government, transport operator or transport authority.
Learn about innovative public transport solutions from around the globe. Exchange your experience with like-minded.
Date: 25 – 29 April 2017
Venue: University of Economics and Business, Vienna
Application Deadline: 31 January 2017
1. Equip officials to assess current mobility problems and prepare participatory and feasible strategies;
2. Orient decision-makers to develop an alternative paradigm for urban mobility that seeks to improve accessibility by introducing more efficient, inclusive, safe, affordable and clean public transport;
3. Introduce decision-makers to innovative mobility such as BRT, Cable Cars, NMT, Electric Mobility in conjunction with compact city planning;
4. Develop capacity to conduct feasibility studies and monitor interventions.
The academy provides a combination of classroom and web-based training linked with targeted study tours to Vienna, Austria and Koblenz, Germany. After successful application, target countries and cities will be taken through a pre-training preparation before they are participating in a 5-day workshop incl. field visits to innovative public transport projects.
Trainees will be asked to develop a “Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)” for their cities. On return of trainees to their cities, participants will be expected to put their learning into practice for implementing sustainable mobility projects. Continuous learning and sharing will be facilitated after the training.
If interested, send an email to email@example.com in the following criteria:
1. Name of your institution and mandate
2. Staff position and experience
3. What Urban Mobility Projects is your institution involved with?
4. Describe how you would benefit from AoSUM?
1. All costs of the stay in Europe will be covered by the organizers.
2. Flight costs should be covered by participants (subject to discussion)
For more information, download the flyer below